Dell 3-Year Accidental Damage Protection Support Warranty for all Latitude Notebooks
Compatible with: All Latitude Notebooks
Accidental Damage Protection is an insurance product which is provided by Dell and underwritten by AIG – a global underwriter and expert in providing this type of protection
This coverage will cover the customer’s purchased unit for
- Accidents caused by handling
- Liquid spillage
- Cracked LCD screen due to drop or fall
- Power surges
- One incidence of Accidental Damage per 12-month period, commencing at the start of the policy term.
- Dell, on behalf of AIG, will attempt to repair the customer’s insured product.
- If it cannot be repaired, then it will be replaced with a product of at least the same or similar specification.
- The replacement product will become the new insured product under this policy for the remainder of the policy term.
- When making an Accidental Damage claim, the customer must allow Dell, on behalf of AIG, to assess the insured product.
Facts about Repairs
- Dell may replace original parts with new or refurbished parts
- Replacement parts will be functionally equivalent to the original parts
- Dell may appoint an affiliated company or a third party to complete repairs on the insured product
- Some repairs may be made by Dell by sending the customer the part(s) for self-installation
Parts covered under Accidental Damage Protection
- Central processing unit
- Internal keyboard
- Internal hard drives
- Built-in LCD
- Video card
- Hard drive
- Palm rest
- Internal modem
- Internal network card
- Internal speakers
- AC Adapter
- Battery (only if it is still under warranty)