Dell 3-Year Keep Your HDD Support Warranty for all OptiPlex Desktops
Compatible with: All OptiPlex Desktops
Typically, customers are required to return a drive under limited warranty when receiving replacements; However, Keep Your Hard Drive service waives that requirement, allowing for maximum data control, security, and disposal options. It enables individuals and organizations to retain physical control over sensitive data, while preserving all the benefits of the Dell Limited Warranty on failed hard drives.
The Keep Your Hard Drive Service is available at the time of system purchase or any time before your system experiences a hard drive failure, while the system remains under limited warranty. Dell offers same-day or next-business-day delivery of hard drive replacement, depending on your service contract.
- Value – The services covers multiple drives in a system and multiple failures.
- Security – Your sensitive data and hard drive never have to leave your control. Retaining physical possession of a failed hard drive is an effective way to help ensure security of classified, proprietary or sensitive data.
- Control – By keeping failed hard drives in-house, you decide how and when to dispose of your data, on your own terms. Tracking failed hard drives in-transit becomes a non-issue.
- Compliance – Help comply with current data privacy regulations and internal company policies by ensuring sensitive information on your hard drives is not compromised.
- Risk Mitigation – Proper control/disposition of sensitive data can mitigate risk of expensive civil liability by helping to prevent potential exposure of confidential customer data or intellectual property.